Love it or hate it, Facebook remains one of the most important tools to promote your blog, build community and remain top of mind with your audience.
At the most recent Digital Parents Conference we invited the lovely Katrina from The Organised Housewife to share her top tips for building and managing your Facebook community. With close to 450,000 page likes, Katrina has learnt a thing or two along the way.
Here are Katrina’s top tips for managing your Facebook community:
- Write about your niche: Find your passion and focus your content around it.
- Be you and unique you. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
- Moderate comments and set house rules: Will you reply or delete overly opinionated and negative posts? Will you delete spam and ban users?
- Make the most of Facebook Insights: Which post types are the most successful: photos, statuses or links? When is the best time of day / week to publish?
- Make your images shareable: Use tools such as PicFrame or PicMonkey
- Create a schedule: Don’t saturate all of your social platforms at once. Publish your posts at different times of day and be consistent each day. You community will soon learn your schedule.
- Update your ‘About’ page and description to promote current blog themes
- Schedule your posts: Not only does this save time, it keeps your page running at high traffic times and makes you more organised with your content.
Do you have any more tips to add for managing your Facebook community?